What we collect
We may collect the following data which includes but is not limited to:
- name, date of birth and NRIC number/passport number (for foreigners);
- contact information including address, email address and telephone number;
- demographic information such as postage, billing and other information to enable the delivery of item purchased;
- financial information such as bank account numbers;
- transactional information about your activities on our website;
- information in relation to your interaction with our website, services, content, and advertising;
- other information required to authenticate yourself; and
- other information that may be required by law from time to time.
You are obliged to provide data that are identified as mandatory. In respect of data identified as optional, the provision of such data by you is voluntary. If you do not supply such data identified as mandatory, this may result in MY Bullion Trade being unable to provide services or otherwise deal with you.
What we do with the data we gather
We require this data to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Your data may be used or processed by MY Bullion Trade or on its behalf for the following purposes:
- carrying out instructions, providing products and/or services (whether by MY Bullion Trade, companies related to or affiliated to MY Bullion Trade, or a selected third party) and responding to enquiries by you or made on its behalf;
- researching, designing, launching and marketing about new products, services, special offers or other information of MY Bullion Trade and monitoring the provision, operation and use of such products or services;
- provision of reference (status enquiries);
- verifying and assisting with identification of users and to determine appropriate services;
- sending important notices such as communications about changes to our policies, terms and conditions, and your purchases;
- operating internal controls including determining amounts owed to or by you, payment to or collection of such amounts from you and from any person providing security for your obligations, and processing of financial or payment transactions;
- forwarding publicity materials or other information to you from MY Bullion Trade;
- the enforcement of your obligations, including without limitation the collection of amounts outstanding from you;
- internal record keeping;
- using the data to improve our products and services;
- periodically sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- meeting any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements in Malaysia or any other applicable jurisdiction including disclosure or notification requirements;
- assisting any person who is acquiring or participating in any contractual arrangements between MY Bullion Trade and you, to evaluate the transaction for such acquisition or participation;
- from time to time, we may also use your data to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests;
- sending promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting; and
- any other incidental and associated purposes in order for MY Bullion Trade to carry out its business and/or relating to any of the above.
Data held relating to you will be kept confidential but it may be provided to:
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to MY Bullion Trade or to companies related to or affiliated to MY Bullion Trade;
- any relevant agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, logistics, computer, payment, securities clearing, management, audit, insurance, professional or other services to MY Bullion Trade;
- any banking, financial or other institution with which you have or propose to have dealings or for financial or payment transactions;
- any person or corporation to whom MY Bullion Trade transfers or proposes to transfer its interests and/or obligations in respect of you or any product or service provided to you;
- any nominee, trustee, co-trustee, centralised securities depository or registrar, custodian, insurance company, lawyer, tax advisor, auditor, other professional advisor or other person who is involved with the provision of services or products by MY Bullion Trade to you;
- any person by whom MY Bullion Trade is required by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements to make disclosure; or
- any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for MY Bullion Trade to carry out its business.
MY Bullion Trade may disclose data to any or all of the parties stated above notwithstanding the recipient’s place of business is outside Malaysia, or that such information following disclosure will be collected, held, processed or used by such recipient in whole or in part outside Malaysia.
Controlling your data
If you have previously agreed to us using your data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to The Data Protection Officer at MY Bullion Trade, Co-Labs, Lot 4-401 & 4-402, The Starling Mall, No. 6, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, MALAYSIA. No fee will be charged.
You may also request access to any data we hold about you at any time by contacting us at the above address. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will provide you with suitable means of accessing it. A reasonable fee may be charged for processing each data access request.
To help MY Bullion Trade to provide a better service to you, please ensure that your personal data such as contact details including your home and office addresses, your telephone numbers (including your mobile telephone number), email address and other details registered with us are up to date.
MY Bullion Trade is committed to ensuring that your data is secure. MY Bullion Trade maintains appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to help protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of data our customers submit to us to prevent loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and certain features of our website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
Links to other websites